(Decided at the 13th Gene Technology Center Executive Committee Meeting on December 9, 1997)
The purpose of these arrangements is to help the Gene Technology Center become a more accessible facility.
Although we plan to operate the facility flexibly, please read and follow the Facility Usage Rules on the relevant websites.
Also, if you notice other users forgetting to fill out Usage Records or forgetting to tidy up, please remind each other not to do so.
If you think someone’s intent is malicious, please contact the staff.
Arrangements for Handling Rule Violators
1. These arrangements establish the considerations necessary for the treatment of rule violators according to Article 8 of “Kumamoto University Institute of Resource Development and Analysis Gene Technology Center Internal Regulations”
2. If the Director of the Institute of Resource Development and Analysis considers it necessary, the following actions can be taken against the rule violator:
Level 1: Issue a strong warning and warn about actions that can be taken in Phase 2 or beyond
Level 2: Publicly identify violators as being prohibited from using the Gene Technology Center for one month
Level 3: Publicly identify violators as having their permission to use the Gene Technology Center revoked
3. Rule violators are persons to whom any of the following apply:
(1) Persons who remove items belonging to the Gene Technology Center from the facility without permission from the staff
(2) Persons frequently using machines and laboratory bases without making reservations or filling in Usage Records
(3) Persons who use other users’ items without permission
(4) Persons who aren’t approved to use the Gene Technology Center yet used the facility anyway without permission from the staff
(5) Persons who deliberately perform acts that inconvenience other users
4. If a Center Director deems the act of the user to be a rule violation and it is a first-time violation, Level 1 is applied, and the violator and any person responsible for usage by the violator are notified of this fact.
When it is confirmed that the rules have been violated again, Level 2 is applied, and the violator and any person responsible for usage by the violator are notified of this fact. At the same time, the violator’s name and punishment are posted on the bulletin board at the entrance on the first floor of the facility.
Finally, if a third rule violation is recognized, Level 3 is applied.